The role of trade unions (stéttarfélög) is first and foremost to negotiate, on behalf of their members, wages and other employment terms in collective wage agreements and to protect their interests in the labour market. Websites and offices of trade unions offer various information about its activities and wage issues.
Here are the websites of various trade unions:
- FOSS https://foss.bsrb.is/
- Báran https://www.baran.is/
- Efling https://efling.is/?lang=en
- VR https://www.vr.is/en/
- Bandalag háskólamanna (BHM) https://www.bhm.is/enska
- Kennarasamband Íslands (KÍ) https://www.ki.is/icelandic-teachers-union/